Wednesday, October 03, 2007

matters of theory

I'm barely coherent now waiting for things to begin. What happened of late? I've been going out more, perhaps not enough. The last book I read was "In Patagonia" by Bruce Chatwin-- it made me wonder if a friend had that in mind before heading South. Some nights of interest are starting up here locally with more of a Sixties vibe to them-- they might be regular events for me, much like in the mid-nineties. Its better than waiting for the right bands to come around. A couple of screenings to report on shortly to ease the pressure of wondering what to do next.

I finally saw "30th Century Man", the new documentary on Scott Walker. The team behind it did a really good job at revealing a driven, enigmatic figure. I like how the film focuses on his creative life than his personal situation. The broad range of interviews from luminaries such as David Bowie, Brian Eno, Jarvis Cocker and others really brought a sense of immediacy to the project.

I still have various publications to sift through now. Perhaps something will come of this.

Another note: I'll be on the air this Friday-- with the new music as always.

No comments: