Saturday, March 08, 2008

Rainy Days in New England


I've been listening to the brilliance that is the new July Skies album, The Weather Clock, for the past week and a half. This isn't really a proper review by any means, as I have some work to attend to but can't do much of anything until the disc is over-- its too compelling somehow. At the moment, I could listen to the track "the Girl on the Hill" over and over and over again. It comes at the right point in the album (being track three) it is quite a gift to the listener. As I haven't been doing radio for the past month, I've been lucky enough to see some good friends occasionally. In the meantime, I've spent it reading, listening to music and watching some British tv. Programs I grew up with, like Death of an Expert Witness, the PD James story, with Roy Marsden as Adam Dalgliesh.

The disc is over now. I have to run some errands before the rain starts again.

No comments: